The last post (connection-oriented-protocols for client)showed you how to write a connection-oriented client program. The server program that the client connects to must use a different procedure, however. This chapter will teach you about the role of the server, including the following topics:
- The basic steps used by connection-oriented servers
- Why the bind(2) function is necessary for servers (refer above link)
- The listen(2) function and its role
- The accept(2) function and its role
- How to write a connection-oriented server program
With these topics mastered, you will be equipped to program your own custom server programs.
Post a Comment