In addition, if you type the command lsattr -El proc0, the output of the command returns the type of processor for your server. If you have any of the following, you have 64-bit hardware: RS64 I, II, III, IV, POWER3, POWER3 II or POWER4.
If the hardware is 32-bit, then you can only have a 32-bit kernel. You cannot have a 64-bit kernel. If the hardware is 64-bit, then you can have either a 32 or 64-bit kernel.
- AIX 5L Administration
- IBM AIX Enterprise Edition System Administration Guide (International Technical Support Organization)
- Aix/6000Internals and Architecture (J. Ranade Workstation Series)
- Accelerating AIX: Performance Tuning for Programmers and Systems Administrators
- IBM Certification Study Guide P5 And Pseries Administration And Support for Aix 5l Version 5.3
- Aix Companion, An
- Ibm Aix Configuration Management Version Control/6000 User's Guide;